Thursday, May 29, 2014

Dealerships Making More Money Selling Warranties and Service Plans

Steve Kaplan Marketing:

Dealerships Making More Money Selling Warranties and Service Plans


Not long ago I wrote a piece called ,"Back Room Deals: Extended Warranties, Service Plans, and Other Extras." For the first time I started to get some nasty messages from car-dealers, specifically "finance managers." I was accused of "deceiving customers" and "giving bad advice." Now let me reiterate that at no point in my article did I say car-buyers definitely should not get an extended warranty. I did say they should do the math and shop carefully. Sometimes these products are worth it, and sometimes they are not. A recent report published by NADA, has revealed that F & I (Finance and Insurance) departments are bringing in more profits for dealerships. It’s no surprise why some folks were not happy about my article.


Read more…





from Lifehacker http://ift.tt/1pBmhzO

via Steve Kaplan Marketing








from WordPress http://ift.tt/1gEACLx

No comments:

Post a Comment